4 1 3
It's said, change invariably brings with it, opportunity. What an opportunity this classic Broadwater property now offers.
With the Ballina to Woolgoolga bypass imminent, and the current owners of Melba's Verandah planning to retire after 15 wonderful years, this established restaurant / classic-period home, now presents an opportunity for the right buyer to either establish this extraordinary property once again as an iconic Grand Residence, or alternatively rebirth as a desirable Boutique B&B.
A classic period frontage, wide verandahs and beautiful established gardens, introduce this graceful Victorian home. Enhanced by the wide corner position the home sits on a large 2215m2 block, which has 2 separate titles. With origins dating back to 1902, the home has an abundance of period features and the additional title provides a range of options.
- Four generous sized bedrooms, 1 bathroom + guest w/c facilities
- Two large formal lounge/dining rooms, which open onto the verandah
- Twelve ft ceilings, wide hallways, ornate ceiling features and chandeliers
- French doors open from many of the rooms directly onto the verandah
- Separate family/living room which has reverse cycle a/c & access to the rear deck
- Full commercial kitchen and pantry.
- Three bay carport, workshop and garden shed
- Freestanding "roundhouse" which would make the ideal artist's studio
- Gardens are serviced by a reticulated watering system & bore water
The local and natural attractions on your doorstep, will contribute to a wonderful lifestyle, whether it be as owner occupiers or for B&B guests, These include;
- Broadwater National Park, with 4,245 ha of coastal heath, wetlands, 8 km of beach front & a network of walking trails.
- Four wheel drive access to 20 kilometres of fishing and surfing.
- 10 minutes to Evans Head and it's uncrowded surf beaches
- Scenic drives to Bangalow, Yamba, Nimbin, Lennox Head, Mullumbimby and Cape Byron.
- 2 airports within 30-minute drive, Ballina Byron & Lismore both offer daily services to major capitals and regional areas.
- Daily Bus services to Ballina connect to Byron and Brisbane
- The bypass will put the Gold Coast within an hour and Brisbane within two hours drive.
With a significant price revision this property is sure to attract a lot of interest. Arrange your inspection by calling Brad on 0411 858 156.